Saturday 11 July 2015

My affair with Oritsefemi – Adasounds In Exclusive Interview

My affair with Oritsefemi – Adasounds






Tell us a little about yourself?
I’m popularly called Adasounds or Kejo Queen. I hail from Enugu State and I had a normal childhood. I’ve spent most of my life in the East, travelled outside the country and now I’m in Lagos.

What did you study in school?
I did Social Works and then Political Science at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).

Why did you dump your degree for music?
Well, music for me is just a hobby; I just have passion for it. It’s not about what you studied in school. It’s about what you have passion for. Back in school I had a lot of friends who studied Theatre Arts but are nowhere in movies or even stage plays. Ironically, majority of those acting did not even study Theatre Arts at all.

What was your parents’ reaction after you dumped your degree for music?

Funny enough they were okay with the whole thing. My father, may God rest his soul, would have loved who I have become because he used to sing. My mom on the other hand is so cool with it but her wish is that I dump secular music for gospel music. Music started for me officially towards the tail end of 2013.


What inspires your songs?
Everything, it could be works of art and emotions. It could be a story, an event, my moods or people and their experiences. Sometimes I get inspiration listening to beats while mixing.
As an up-and-coming unsigned female artiste, what challenges are you facing?
As an unsigned artiste, the major challenge I face is funding because I have to pay for the services rendered and you know, it is quite capital intensive.

Stories of music producers taking advantage of up-and-coming female artistes are rife? What is your experience?
(Laughter) These things happen everywhere. You have it in the banking sector, media, movie industry and what have you, so it is not just an entertainment industry issue. I have not experienced any form of molestation probably because they were paid for services rendered.
Adasound oritsefemi

Who are your role models?
I’d rather say people I appreciate. They include Onyeka Owenu, Felix Liberty, Tony Braxton and Whitney Houston. And lately Flavour, Cynthia Morgan, Yemi Alade and Omawunmi. However, there is one other person that I look up to so much. I recorded a track with him and that person is Musical Taliban, Oritsefemi.


At last, Kejo Queen, Adasouds (Ofor Stephanie Adaeze), the sexy bombshell reported to have broken Oritsefemi’s relationship with his ex, Blessing Rawa, and stolen his heart, has opened up on her relationship with the singer. In this chat with Entertainer, Adasounds also talks career among other interesting issues.

Excerpts:

Reports that you are dating Oritsefemi recently went viral, are you guys really dating?
Wow! That’s crazy. When I heard it I was shocked! Can’t two people of the opposite sex be friends without any strings attached? The straight answer is that I cannot possibly be in any relationship with Oritsefemi because I’m in a very healthy relationship with an Australian sailor who cares for me and is always there for me and visits me from time to time. What more could a woman ask for? Oritsefemi is a nice guy who has supported my career a great deal. I see him as an elder brother. In fact, every day I meets all this criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment