Wednesday 22 July 2015

The Virgin Mary's lips MOVING in a painting as Parishioners say the Hail Mary. Is this the miracle of St Charbel's?

Some parishioners believe that the Virgin Mary depicted in a painting that hangs above the church altar is praying with them

Catholics at a church in Sydney believe they have witnessed a miracle
Two parishioners have recorded footage of a painting of the Virgin Mary
The footage appears to depicts Mary's lips moving in sync with prayer
Skeptics believe it is flickering lights that make footage appear this way 
Together the recordings have reached over 50,000 viewers on social media


Some parishioners at Saint Charbel's Church in Sydney believe they witness a miracle when they pray inside the church.
Two young Catholics, who regularly attend mass at the church in Punchbowl, in Sydney's south-west, have filmed a painting of the Virgin Mary carrying Jesus where it appears Mary is praying with them.
The two videos show a close-up image of an old Middle Eastern Catholic painting that appears to show the Virgin Mary's lips moving while the worshipers are praying.

George Akary's Facebook post after uploading a video what he says is a painting of the Virgin Mary where her lips are moving in prayer


Young Catholic, Kirsten Keirouz was the first to upload footage of the painting to her Facebook page on July 5th.
Kirsten said she was at church with two of her friends when one of them nudged her and told her to 'took look at the painting'.


'Once I looked up, I had no idea what they wanted me to look at and I saw her [the Virgin Mary] mouth moving. I then asked my friend; "Is it her mouth?" She replied "yes." and then I got the shivers throughout my whole body. I couldn't believe my eyes, I kept blinking in case I was seeing things.'
Since Kirsten uploaded the footage on to her Facebook account on July 5th, more than 41,000 people have viewed it.



But the recording has viewers divided. Believers have described the footage as a 'miracle', while skeptics claim on social media that it's the camera movement and the church lighting which are making Mary's lips appear to move.
However, Kirsten disagrees. 
'I believe it was a miracle, and not just lighting because we all saw it at the same time and because her lips would start moving and then stop and start again,' she said.
After watching Kirsten's recording, George Akary who is also a member of the same parish, remembered he too had seen the Virgin Mary's lips move while parishioners were praying and he also decided to film it.



No comments:

Post a Comment